Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

2013 is going to be a great year! Stampin' Up always has new ideas and tools to share. The holiday is a Farruggia Family favorite! We closed out the 2012 year with Chinese food, board games, and movies with friends. Midnight banged in with the lids of my pots and pans. Then Happy Birthday bellowed so all our neighbors could hear. It always starts off with the celebration of my dear husbands birthday! Any day that starts with cake at midnight is golden in my book!

This is also my dear friend Mia's birthday too! My little sister shares this birthday as well as a dear departed grandmother. So back to my girl Mia... She is a traveling nurse and the mother to two amazing and handsome boys! Her oldest Zachary is about to celebrate his confirmation.
We collaborated on his invitations. Mia really liked the cards on page 55 of the Stampin' Up catalog. So this is what we came up with!


We did change up the colors, using crumb cake, early espresso, marina mist and very vanilla card stock. The background stamp came from Artistic Etchings on page 124. I pulled a few tools out of my baskets: my ScallopTrim Border Punch, my Adorning Accents Edgelits and the Square Lattice Folder.

The star of this beautiful card is the Crosses of Hope stamp set on page 55.

This is the original inspiration... Minus the flowers as we wanted it to look masculine!

Congratulations Mia on your birthday and and your son's upcoming confirmation! You are a blessing as a friend and you and your family deserve all the happiness in the world!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this feature in your blog!!! You sure do know how to make a birthday girl feel special, lol!!! Thanks for your help with this collaboration!! I'm so proud of it!!

    ReplyDelete