Saturday, April 27, 2013

Christine's Birthday Party

Today I was blessed to host my friend Minyoung's daughter Christine plus six creative girls in my home. It was so fun making three cards and then sharing a light snack before they were off to stage two of the party!
Christine is in Matthew's class at school. She is very talented and a beautiful friend!

Last month I offered up a party for 6 girls or 6 ladies to come to my home and make three projects for our Disney Education Fund.  Minyoung was the highest bidder.  I was so glad to support the school and make Christine and her girl friends happy!



See my new hutch in the background... I keep moving stuff around.. there is so much room!
This card utilizes some retired DSP and some Glitter Paper I found at Big Lots.. Christine wanted a butterfly party and we had fun using pearls and rhinestones to glamor the card up!


What girl does not like Hello Kitty?  I still do! The Oh HELLO stamp set was a perfect way to play with this card... I love how they each made the face their own!

Their favorite card was the Swallowtail Card... where we practiced "Thumping"... I came across a video on You Tube and watched a woman "thumping" I fell in love with the technique and have been CASEing this card for every occasion! I learned to thump from HERE

The girls at work... rather neat for ten year olds don't you think?

The birthday girl!  Love her!  She was so excited and creative.. she enjoyed "thumping" but said "It is not symmetrical!" Very true... but their cards were adorable!

This little sweetie pie was excited to use dimensional's... here is s future scrapper.

I was so proud of my first little "thumper" Julia was my tester, she had to make them all first!

Check out my Big Helper Mackenzie & Puri, Mackenzie worked the opposite side of the table teaching the girls how to use their adhesive, and stamp without making out lines... she should do this for a living!

Thinking this girl is a perfect stamper... her creativity and perfection were great combos!


Loren, was at the end of the line... she was able to watch all the other girls create, make mistakes and then turn her cards into masterpieces... yet another small glimpse of my new hutch!  Love it!
Rachel is a little sweet pea also had a creative and artistic view! 
I am so proud of all you girls and hope you enjoyed your birthday party!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment