Monday, October 21, 2013

My weekend... With the girls

Ok so I have edited this three times so here goes time four...

This past weekend I attended a Women's Retreat at St Paul's United Methodist Church in Manteca.  I was invited by my dear friend Jeanne.  My daughters and I love returning to our old home church because its like a family reunion.  The ladies are so loving and sincere.  The ladies also serve great food!

The speaker for the day was Mary Maaga.  She is a loving woman that shared her history with being a minister, anthropologist and woman in the church.  She opened our eyes to how the Mary's in the Bible have received dome bad press.  That they really are hero's, in fact, the women in the Bible and not in the Bible are some pretty amazing women.  It made me feel good to share this day with my girls, and my friends lifting the Lord up and recognizing that I need to polish my prayers, my studies and continue to look for what the role God has in store for me is.

My girls and I bought both books she has written.
You can learn more about Mary Maaga here.
I fact I already emailed her and received a reply! 


Then I had been looking forward to Sunday for over a month.  Jeanne invited her daughter Kathy Jo, Karen and I to join her in her stamping palace.  We enjoyed being pampered guests with yummy pastries, coffee and tea,  Then a bowl of homemade Minestrone soup and fresh bread and some great conversation.

Now I have to brag that these three ladies I hang out with are talented, they make all the cards they send out for every holiday and occasion.  Karen did her daughters wedding, reception and all related showers last year.  All handmade, all beautiful and all from the heart.

Have you ever wondered what you should do with your growing piles of growing scrapbook paper?
Well Karen and Kathy Jo had solutions to use what they had (ok.. they bought a few Stampin' Up tools to complete the cards too).


Here is Karen's Thanksgiving card.  She CASE'd it from Lorraine's Thanksgiving card from Holiday Happiness.
 
Here is Card #2:
I like how she textured it and added the natural looking embellishments!
 
 
Jeanne used her new Stampin' Up Flower Shoppe Bundle to make this adorable card...


That Rich Razzelberry is so pretty and I love the sentiment inside.
 
 
Here is Kathy Jo's Thanksgiving Card:
She embossed leaved onto the Coordinations Paper and then layered it onto Early Espresso, and Baked Brown Sugar Cardstock. 

It is a very elegant Thanksgiving card and she even layered the sentiment on the inside.  Love it!
 
I will post my creations tomorrow!
 
Do you need some time to create and play with your stamp sets? You can get some bonding time by joining me in my home next weekend (the 27th & 28th, 11-7pm to play and share your creations).
 
Tune in this week to find out detail on a special sale... on OCTOBER 25th... 25 sets will go on sale for the 25th ANNIVERSARY of STAMPIN' UP!
 
XXXOOO,
Cary
 

No comments:

Post a Comment