Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cranberry & Pistachio Biscotti

I always make the same item for my cookie swap.
 Russian Tea Cookies... But this year I changed it up.
Thanks to my dear friend Jeanne Murchie I am making Cranberry & Pistachio Biscotti! 
  I ate them in her home a few weeks back and ...
changed my whole holiday gifting plan based on these amazing cookies. 
 
The photo does not do justice... because the smells are so intoxicating!
 
Recipe is easy:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
4 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1cup chopped pistachios
1 cup dried cranberries
sanding sugar... optional but so worth the sprinkle
 
Preheat oven to 345 degrees.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, 3eggs, vanilla with mixer.
Mix in pistachios and cranberries.
Dough will be sticky.
Pour onto a lightly floured surface.
Split into two loaves.
Place onto lined cookie sheet.
Form into a loaf 14"long by 2" wide.
Bake for 35 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack completely.
When cool... slice into 18 biscotti.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Bake 8 more minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy!
 
XXXOOO,
Cary
Let cool completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment