Monday, May 19, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday May 19, 2014

 
As I look outside my window:
A combination of Fog and Clouds linger, keeping the blue sky at bay.  Its going to be a cooler day today but I will get out there to play!

Right now I am:
Typing this up really quick before Kylie arrives, enjoying a mug of Earl Grey and thinking this is the way a Monday morning should be.. and not how mine started with an angry cat pouncing on the hub's and I as we slept this am.  He was really hungry I guess because those sneaky light paws, felt like a horse on my chest... hard and deliberate!

Thinking and pondering:
I had the most inspiring weekend filled with my time with my CFWC sister's & my Imprint Sisters!! 
I have so many ideas, I am making a brainstorm list to grow with the love and support of my girlfriends!
On my bedside table:
My Bible
A Yo Yo
A basket filled with hairbands
A 143 note from the Hubby!

On my tv tonight:
Independent Lens... on KQED.

Listening to:
My dishwasher.  I think it is cheering a sad little cheer of "ho hum, Ho, Hum, there is way to much house work to be done".

On the menu for this week:
Monday - Banana Bread, and Eggplant Parmesean
Tuesday - Mountain Mikes... 1/2 off pizza night
Wednesday - Tuna Casserole (channeling my Grandpa Dauber's recipe)
Thursday - leftover's (I have a stamping birthday party and will not be home)
Friday - Stir Fry
Saturday - Baked Spaghetti
Sunday -  BBQ hot dogs, potato and macaroni salad

On my to do list:
Laundry, somehow there has been no detergent, while I was away.. the laundry was not done!
Stamp, Stamp, Stamp... prepartations for my 18th Birthday party on Thursday and my Open House on Sunday!
Go to the store (laundry detergent and milk are lacking here... seriously, I think we could put a cow dowm with the amount of milk that is consumed here)
Keep cleaning out my craft stash
Homework.... only a few more weeks to go!

Happening this week:
Monday - Kylie here, Party prep
Tuesday - Kylie, Ellie & Lily here, Roking Tots, & Party Prep
Wednesday - Kylie here, Back to School Night, and Birhtday Party finishing touches.
Thursday -  Facilities Inventory, Orthodontist appt, Riding Lessons, Stamping Birthday Party
Friday -Ellie & Lily here???

What I am creating:
A huge stampin' stack with the new Work of Art stamp set...

My simple pleasure:
Walking the dogs, wathing the puppy (yes, she is 80lbs now.. run and roll on the golf course)
Smelling the flowers with my three little charges... and the visits to the tickle bush!

Homemaking tips: 
Make more than a few loaves of bread at a time, freeze the spares, and gift a random neighnbor or friend! Today it is Banana Bread, I freeze my ripe bananas and then defrost them and they are perfect consistancy to make a yummy bread! 

Looking around the house:::
It's very clean, there are a few piles of clutter and the cat wats like a pig, but it looks clean from here.  I need to water plants today!
   
From the camera:::
 My little Kylie Rose helped me unpack my suitcase. 


A hat we wore when recognizing all that Valerie Barnes has done for Habitat for Humanity!

Prayer List:::
My mother has been ill, my friends that are battling cancer, my children need your extra prayers today, last but not least for the poor girls in Nigeria that need to be returned home!

Bible verse, Devotional:::
 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.
 Romans 8:2

No comments:

Post a Comment