Saturday, May 3, 2014

Soup Bones...


Beleted Post...
Cancer Sucks!
I have yet to meet a person that has not been effected by cancer.
Tonight,
I will join my dear friend Krissy
and her Relay for Life
Team SOUP BONES.
 
(Krissy)
Soup Bone's??
Why did she pick that name?
Well...
I asked Krissy:
Krissy's Dad nicknamed his grandchildren soupbones.
"Basically,
A short analogy relating soupbones to family.
Family was very important to my Dad.
the soupbones that you use are the most important ingredients 
and they add a lot of flavor and help make the broth.
His grandchildren were very important to him
and they are our future and keep the family going for generations.
Each one is special and unique."
Krissy treats each of us like family and has a heart of gold.
Her Daddy would be very proud of her!
I am so grateful I met her!

(Krissy's Hubby Doug and her grandson)
 
How did I meet Krissy?
I met her a few years ago,
when I lived in Manteca and had my Relay Team Crop Out Cancer.
She was on another team..
but we collaborated to raise money for a good cause.
After I moved,
Krissy stepped up and into my place.
She has taken on many roles in planning and fundraising.
She has always included me,
We have had a very inspiring adventure with Relay for Life.
 
This year...
Krissy has her own team...
and because I am so proud of her...
I am driving out to walk the track later tonight.
My family, my friends and the community stand together
to walk to Remember the loved ones we have lost,
Celebrate, the fighters that are currently holding Cancer at bay,
Support those that Cancer is trying to hold down,
and Fight Back by saying
"Up Your's Cancer!"

 (Krissy & her team are ready to celebrate)
 
Five years ago,
I was enjoying my second year of
Relay for Life.
I lost a friend and a sponsor for my team.
I really wanted to continue on but I was torn and ready to give in.
I approached Beverlee...
would she be willing to be my sponsor?
She had been helping me raise funds...
after a long conversation,
I ended up joining Stampin' Up.
This was a life changing event for me,
I was learning to rely on me and no one else.
Beverlee, believed in me...
I needed to believe in me.
I have always been a giver,
and I had always relied on others to follow and support.
Stampin' Up has allowed me to support my
philanthropic side,
and my creative side.
I have made many friends and supporters of my causes through the past five years.
 
 
Back to Krissy...
So she is an amazing long/short distance friend.
We have drove halfway
and met each other for dinner..
just to talk.
We have stayed up late talking about what we want to buy from the newest catalogs.
We have stamped, scrapped, created, inspired, motivated an laughed so much.
 
 
She is making these cards as Make n Takes:
Cute ehy?
I love "I dig you".
Remember when this stamp set was current?
I love everything old!
 
I hope she sells many cards and raises the amount she set for her first goal
It takes strength,
to have a team...
I hope she enjoys the journey!
 
I am off to walk...
I will post more pictures later!
 
If you can..
find a way to fight against cancer...
Kick its Tushie!
 
Cary
XXXOOO
So sorry I posted late... I thought I scheduled my posts to run on thier own...
opereator error!

No comments:

Post a Comment