Monday, June 23, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday 6/23/2014



As I look outside my window:
The fog is rolling out to sea... and a beautiful day is in front of me!  All three kiddos are home and the hubby too!  I feel a Farruggia Family Fun Night coming our way! Whoops, Maybe a fun afternoon... we are hosting the hubby's work crew out for dinner!

Right now I am:
Trying to pack Gabriella's suitcase for a Youth Group Campout this weekend... think we misplaced a sleeping bag last year?? Or did my kids grow out of their Disney ones?  *Sniffle* *Sniffle*

Thinking and pondering:
How blessed I am to have a roof over my head, when so many others do not.

On my bedside table:
My Bible
A stack of books I plan on reading, re-reading this summer!
A 143 note from the Hubby!
An empty candy wrapper, yes, I needed a little sugar rush to get me over a dull spot in a book last night. 

On my tv tonight:
I am thinking that the stack of Hitchcock flicks from Netfix is going to come out!
Wa.. Ha... Ha... HA! Believe me when I say it has to come out after my kiddos go to bed because I scream and bite my nails through these adventures in film.

Listening to:
My Slacker Radio... Eighties, Ninties and Today... just love the beat and I needed a walk down memory lane!

On the menu for this week:
Monday - Fried Rice and Potstickers for the kiddos, and a surprise for me!
Tuesday - Mountain Mikes... 1/2 off pizza night
Wednesday - Spaghetti
Thursday - Tacos
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - BBQ something
Sunday - Chicken Alfredo and Salad for my open house and my family
 
On my to do list:
Pack the kids for camps, start scouting out my wardrobe and the hubs for our future vacation.
The county fair: Giant Corndogs, the 4H exhibits and people watching!
Schedule some workshops and classes to keep myself inspired.
Work on my SWAPS for convention... only one more to go!

Happening this week:
Monday - Kylie here, Farruggia Family Fun Night, Dinner out with the team.
Tuesday - Kylie here, Lorraine and Caleb come to play today!!!
Wednesday - Kylie here, hitting the fair with the kids this afternoon!
Thursday -  Playdate with Kirsten, and Emmy and I finally get to meet Allison!! 
Friday -  Setting up the Fireworks booth today!
Saturday- Open House Preparations... you should stop by, the garage sale is coming out!
Sunday -  Church/Open House/stamps on clearance!

What I am creating:
A pile of interesting possibilities as I try and create some original designs to swap! 

My simple pleasure:
Slipping into the pool with a tall glass of tea, and no kids splashing me... wait that never will happen.

Homemaking tips: 
Make your bed if you can, it looks better, it creates a sense of completion, and just asks you to jump on it!
 
Looking around the house:
I am thinking I need more on my walls, after we completed our adventure in homeschooling the walls just look empty minus the maps, schedules and bulletin boards. Must find a way to get these kids to make some artwork!
  
From the camera:


 
 
 
Marvin & Stephanie Gallimore... thankful they shared a life moment with our family!  We are always proud to celebrate those that commit to serving their communities!

Prayer List:
Lift up my friends that are battling cancer, pray for the people in the Middle East and surrounding areas,  pray for my children as they attempt different adventures, and last but not least for the poor girls in Nigeria that still need to be returned home!

Bible verse, Devotional:
20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.
Jude 1:20-1:21

Cary
XXXOOO

ps... want to know where I got this crazy way to share more of myself with you?
Meet my inspiration and a very talented SAHM HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment