Monday, August 18, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday 8/18/2014

 
As I look outside my window:
I am glad to be home... the home I have created with my husband and children.  I had the pleasure of going home to my childhood home last week and while it is comforting and safe... I worried about my pets, plants and work pile.

Right now I am:
Recouping from my first day of exercise... 5am I am doing a daily run or walk.  Thinking that 44 feels pretty young and optimistic!

Thinking and pondering:
How do you handle children with different drives and ambition than you, you can love them and allow them loads of room, but how do you stand tall for the rules you set, and know that it just is not the same for all concerned?  Today, I challenge myself to stand firm and show love and support. 

On my bedside table:
My senior photos, returned by my parents... and a pile of items for my Project Life Album... I must try and get that laid out!  It looks like so much fun, but I always get distracted.

On my tv tonight:
Nothing tonight, but I am halting at 11am to catch up on Young and the Restless.

Listening to:
The giggles of the hubby as we look through a photo album of our children!
 
On the menu for this week:
Monday -  A chicken salad.
Tuesday - Chicken Soup
Wednesday - I am making a try at Panini's.
Thursday - Mystery night... going to try a random Pinterest recipe.
Friday -  Taco's for the kiddos.
Saturday - Something Indian... feeling like Ravinder will make my tummy sing!
Sunday - Something easy... like another soup!
 
On my to do list:
Back to School... clothes, supplies, schedules and meals.
 
Happening this week:
Monday - School Registration at the JR High and High School
Tuesday -  Kids Camp and a Fun Party!
Wednesday - Kylie is here, plenty of hugs and kisses when she is concerned!
Thursday -  WEB day, ridding lessons and party prep!
Friday -  Kareena's 10th birthday party here!
Saturday- Visiting Ravinder and Mona.
Sunday -  Holiday Preview party and Daddy comes home tonight!

What I am creating:
 Birthday banners, class projects and more.

My simple pleasure:
Morning walks and afternoon naps!

Homemaking tips: 
Make your meals ahead... freeze smoothies, prepare lunches and dinners so that you are less likely to eat out.  Saves money and calories!
 
Looking around the house:
I really want to Fall clean.  Move furniture around and put some art on my walls.
  
From the camera:

My partner in crime from another time!! A afternoon spent with her was such a treat! She always makes me feel better about myself!
 

 
 Prayer List:
Prayers for family, friends and for the Middle East! Prayers for my friends that are sick, spouses are ill or for their family members.  Prayers for the people that are rioting in Missouri.  May they find comfort in supporting the family in healthy ways that do not destroy the livelihood of others and find peace in the fact that somewhere we have to trust the system and not destroy it.

Bible verse, Devotional:
11 May the Lord give strength to his people!
May the Lord bless [1] his people with peace!

Psalm 29:11
 
Cary
XXXOOO

ps... want to know where I got this crazy way to share more of myself with you?
Meet my inspiration and a very talented SAHM HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment