Wednesday, August 27, 2014

You Are a FABULOUS Work of Art CASE

Hope you are not tired of hearing how I love the Work Of Art stamp set.
It really helped me out while teaching my KIDS CAMP CAMPER's how to 'stamp off'. 
I wanted frilly girlie cards and I had a few rolls of the retired Strawberry Slush Ribbon. 
This card was inspired by a CASE and enhanced with the ribbon and the butterfly punches.
Supplies used to make this CASE:
Strawberry Slush Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, Work of Art Stamp Set, Stazon, Strawberry Slush Stampin' Pad, Retired Strawberry Slush Stretchy Ribbon, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Itty Bitty Butterfly Punch, Rhinestones and Dimensional's. 

Stamping Off is defined as:When a person stamps out of a room... but crafters use that term for inking up their stamp, stamping off the first layer of color onto an alternate piece of paper
(or Grid Paper) and then stamping the image onto the actual project.  Thus, creating a lighter color... each time you stamp the color goes lighter.

I like to use this technique when creating an ombré look, when I want to layer a sentiment, or when I want to use a background stamp... It's subtle, creates a lighter tone, and fun to do. 

Try this at home, call me to schedule a date, it's fun and easy to do. 

TGIF!
Cary 
XXXOOO


No comments:

Post a Comment