Sunday, September 14, 2014

Halloween Mummy CASE

HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY KAREN!
We celebrated Karen's 60th birthday a few Sundays back by having a play date at Jeanne's house.

The birthday fairy gave Karen the Chalk Talk Framelit. So I decided to run with her suggestion and do a make n take with her new framelit set. I wanted to CASE this card...
But I ended up with this card:
Supplies used to make this CASE were:
Basic Black Cardstock, Tangerine Tango Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, STAZON ink, 1" Circle Punch, 3/4th " Circle Punch, Chalk Talk Framelits, Stampin' Sponge, Lucky Stars Embossing Folder, White and Tangerine Tango Two-Tone Ribbon, and Dimensional's!
 
Jeanne made adorable thanksgiving cards:
#1
#2
Plus she completed: 
A stack of girl birthday cards!
 
I tried and failed miserably at a technique that I loved seeing at Beverlee's house... So I guess that means I need to attend a open house at her place to learn it! 

Kathy Jo and Karen were working on invites to Karen's daughter Gina's baby shower! It's a GIRL! Super excited for the family because Karen (not old enough to be my mom, but wise enough to keep me focused and well directed. She rocks at motherhood).

Here is her trial card:
Many tweaks and changes were made and an assembly line was created and those two kicked bum!
 
Ok, and we used Kathy Jo for our techie tip diagnosis and problem solving too!
 
Back to work they went and boy did it go fast... The Murchie's treated us to a yummy lunch and then sent us all home with bags full (for me it was a basket full) of goodies!
 
I won't lie... I go there for the food, this time it was an amazing Enchilada Pie: 
Recipe:
1 Onion Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic
2lbs Ground Beef
1 Can Enchilada Sauce (med.. not hot)
1 Small Tomato Sauce
1 Can Hot Water
1 Can Cream Corn
1 Can Ripe Olives
1lb Cheddar Cheese Grated
1 Dozen Corn Tortillas
2 TBS Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Chili Powder

Use a large pan and brown meat, onions. Drain fat. Blend in flour, salt, chili powder, with meat. Add tomato sauce, corn,  water and enchilada sauce. Make layers of tortillas, meat, sauce, olives and cheese.

Bake @350 degree's 1 hour.  Served 8-12 (we had seconds too)  

A crisp green salad made by the birthday girl and the cake is a famous Murchie birthday cake, moist, sinful and pairs well with a cup of tea! 

Looking forward to our next playdate on Octiber 4th World Cardmakkng Day!! It is going to be a blast! Yes, I already am salivating at the food we will be sampling! 

Happy Cardmaking!
Cary
XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment