Monday, September 8, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday September 8th, 2014

 


As I look outside my window:
I cannot hold in my excitement... 7 pumpkins and more blossoms on my one plant!
Right now I am:
Thankful for the never ending love and support of my family and friends! 

Thinking and pondering:
 Why do I have so many scraps... paper, fabric, projects and more.  I need to create or release them from their hiding places!  (I also find a few dust bunnies in these spaces and wonder why when it comes to my craft supplies I hold on tight!)

On my bedside table:
My Bible, a plant, hubbys bootcamp picture, my senior pictures and a stack of books to sent to the Cohen's.  I will mail off their box this week!  I miss them!

On my tv this week:
If I am lucky... some Y&R, and a little Masterpiece Theater... getting ready to read some books so I must let go of the TV! 

Listening to:
George Straight Channel on Slacker Radio.. I know he is old enough to be my dad but I still love his bum and I love all his music! 

On the menu for this week:
MondayRed Beans and Rice, Green Salad and sweet tea!
Tuesday - Half off Mountain Mikes Pizza
WednesdayMeatballs... yummo! Pasta too!
Thursday - Enchilada Casserole... Jeanne's Recipe.. see my blog! 
FridayLobster... Yes.. I am surprising the hubs!
Saturday - BBQ something
SundayEggplant Parm!
 
On my to do list:
Make my cardfronts into donations for service men and women!
Shots for my four legged friends.
Pluck my eyebrows (seriously cannot see my blonde hair and my glasses get in the way)
Random Acts of Kindness patrol!  Must share kindness with others!
Walk/run at least 5 times this week!
Hug the family!
 
Happening this week:
Monday - Kylie and Lily here today! Homeschooling-Preschool starts.
Tuesday -  Kylie & Lily here, Baking and crafting!
Wednesday - Kylie is here, Maybe a little Swimming
Thursday -  Ridding lessons and District Board Meeting!
Friday -  A belated, family celebration for our 15th anniversary! 
Saturday- Yard work, BBQ and some quality family time!
Sunday -  Devotion to the one that blesses me daily!

What I am creating:
World Cardmaking Day Projects
 
My simple pleasure:
naps...

Homemaking tips: 
Sometimes it is ok to let things slide to spend time with kids, family, friends and pets... Life is short! 
 
Looking around the house:
there must be some projects underway... things are getting clean, recycled and thrown away! YAY ME!
  
From the camera:
My girl Sarah and I after our morning walk!
Love this... every morning we get up and walk and talk through our issues, share our daily news and she cheers me on!  It is always great to have a person you can count on to listen, calm you and praise you.  A friend that lifts you up all the while we are walking and experiencing the beautiful nature around us.  I swear my day gets better after our sessions and I am very blessed to have her and her family in my life!  

Prayer List:
Loads of positive thoughts and prayers go out to friends battling cancer, depression and other illness.  My heart lifts up the middle east and those in other counties affected by Russia. I pray for my family to be honest, hardworking and stealth hands of the Lord.  I pray that I can make a few more people happy via Random Acts of Kindness! Lifting up the LEO community that has lost many officers this past week... doing a thankless job.  

Bible verse, Devotional:
28:1 To you, O Lord, I call;
my rock, be not deaf to me,
lest, if you be silent to me,
I become like those who go down to the pit.
Hear the voice of my pleas for mercy,
when I cry to you for help,
when I lift up my hands
toward your most holy sanctuary
Psalm 28:1-2
 
Cary
XXXOOO

ps... want to know where I got this crazy way to share more of myself with you?
Meet my inspiration and a very talented SAHM HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment