Monday, October 13, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday 10/13/14

 
As I look outside my window:
It is going to be a hot one today, the fog has burned off, and the dogs are already walked and awaiting the pool for comfort. I am ready to cut the pumpkins off the vines today and move them to the front yard to brag that we did a great job! Our first year ever... and lets just say they are not traditional colors. 

Right now I am:
Pondering how great the weekend was, it was a busy one, we had CFWC company the President, 1st VP and 2nd VP here in our area and I spent three days seeing how amazing they are and can vision where the #1 Volunteer Organization I hold near and dear will be in the future! 

Thinking and pondering:
How short life is, we must live each day as if it is our last, but looking towards our children's future, have I gave them a gift today that will carry them through in my absence? I will pray on that one today!  

On my bedside table:
My Bible, the Love Dare, and my son's retainer... yes I was kicked out of bed again last night as he and my hubby took over... when does my hubby go back to nights?

On my TV this week:
Going to try and catch up with Y& R

Listening to:
The hum of the washing machine, our most used appliance, I avoided laundry this past week, and well my experiment did not work, the hubby took over and now it is up to me to correct some of his color combos.  In his defense, I will smile with pride as he brags that he washed his uniform... the Velcro has snagged multiple areas of his undershirt and that NEVER happens on my watch/wash!

On the menu for this week:
Monday - Chicken Pot Pie
Tuesday - Pizza Night
Wednesday - Spaghetti n the Meatball 
Thursday - Leftovers... there will be many choices 
Friday - Cobb Salad/Minestrone
Saturday - Hamburgers
Sunday - Roasted Turkey... craving the stuffing
 

On my to do list:
Finish a presentation for Sunday, Prep for parties this Friday and Next Saturday, Clean for company on Friday, and plan a surprise for my Farruggia Family Fun Night!
 

Happening this week:
Monday - Just Lilybug today. :(
Tuesday -  Working with Arlene on our craft fair items.
Wednesday - Hope to take Kylie to Rock n Tots today.
Thursday - DSRC General Meeting @ the Shannon Center
Friday -  Mount Diablo Board Meeting, BUNCO at Krissy's!
Saturday- Report Writing Class, Dinner at Valerie's
Sunday -  Church and family day

What I am creating:
Altered Coffee Cups, Altered SEE's Candy, and a few cards!
 

My simple pleasure:
my morning walks, naps... and Y& R

Homemaking tips: 
Freeze your carcass and make chicken broth, delish... I also bought some beef bones and made beef broth... its going in my minestrone this week!
 

Looking around the house:
I think I have a lil dusting to do... and all the furniture is calling me to cuddle in and finish my latest book.
  
From the camera:


 
 

My SELFIE with Valerie Barnes, Past CFWC President, and the reason I continue with GFWC, an inspiration, honest, and community service first kind of woman!

 

Prayer List:
Please pray for Kylies Nana, Sharon died unexpectedly last Wednesday night and she was a matriarch of her family, and a positive person that is an asset upstairs and a great loss here.
Loads of positive thoughts and prayers go out to friends battling cancer, depression and other illness.  My heart lifts up the middle east and those in other counties affected by ISIS and Russian Troops. I pray for my family to be honest, hardworking and stealth hands of the Lord.  I pray that I can make a few more people happy via Random Acts of Kindness! Lifting up the LEO community that has lost many officers this past week... doing a thankless job.  

Bible verse, Devotional:
 15 See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone.
1 Thessalonians 5:15
 
 Cary
XXXOOO

ps... want to know where I got this crazy way to share more of myself with you?
Meet my inspiration and a very talented SAHM HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment