Monday, November 10, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday 11/10/14

 
As I look outside my window:
I see a perfect day for a nature hike... hope to see many more out on the local trails today!

Right now I am:
Enjoying a mug of coffee and laughing at a girlfriends text she sent bright and early this am that because we are veterans we could get FREE tattoos tomorrow.  Seriously, I was honored to serve my country but I will be passing on the tattoo... for now. 

Thinking and pondering:
6 more Mondays til Christmas... I better get my shopping started!
Also, Happy Birthday to the USMC... 239 years!  Ooh Rah!
 
On my bedside table:
My bible, Photos of the hubby and kids, and my new Stitch Fix box.... need to try it all on today!

On my TV this week:
Going to try and take a few hours later tonight to finish up season two of Boardwalk Empire with the hubby after the kids go to bed and maybe that will be it... I want to be crafty this week!

Listening to:
90's Country on Slacker Radio, KLOVE on the car stereo, and kids snores... no school today!

On the menu for this week:
Monday - Chicken n mushroom gravy over rice
Tuesday - Absolutely Onion Pot Roast... a Wildtree crockpot recipe.
Wednesday - Hubby and I are eating out, kids are eating PIZZA.
Thursday - Mexican Food
Friday - Chicken Pot Pie Soup... I trying the Wildtree Recipe
Saturday - Linguine and Baby Clams
Sunday - Chinese Food, taking a few guests out for dinner

**NEW WEEKLY ADDITION**
Wildtree Recipe of the Week:

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients

2 ½ cups low sodium Wildtree Vegetable Bouillon Soup Base, prepared according to package directions, divided
1 head cauliflower
1 cup low fat milk
1 tablespoon Wildtree Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
½ yellow onion, diced
1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch dice
1 tablespoon Wildtree Red Bell Pepper & Garlic Blend
1 teaspoon Wildtree Rancher Steak Rub
2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
¼ cup scallion, sliced

(I double the ingredients for my family of 5) Recipe serves 4.

    

Method of Preparation

Bring 1 cup Vegetable Bouillon Soup Base to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook until fork tender; about 7 minutes. Transfer cauliflower and broth to a blender along with the milk and puree until smooth. Heat Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and saut√© 5 minutes. Add the remaining 1½ cups Vegetable Bouillon Soup Base and scrape up any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Add the cauliflower puree, potatoes, Red Bell Pepper & Garlic Blend, and Rancher Steak Rub. Stir to combine. Cover and cook over medium low heat until potatoes are tender, about 25-30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Stir in parsley and Parmesan. Serve soup with shredded cheese, bacon, and scallions.
 
                                                    

 

                                                        

 
 
 
 

On my to do list:
Get crafty... spend almost the whole day today and tomorrow getting my holiday cards in line!

Happening this week:
Monday - Kylie is here, Luca is coming and hubs has a class.
Tuesday -  Veteran's Day... heading out to shake some hands!
Wednesday - Off to St Helena for the night with the Hubby.
Thursday - Mount Diablo District Meeting in St Helena.
Friday - Farruggia Family Fun Night
Saturday- Craft Fair at Dublin Senior Center
Sunday - Hair apt, and the Holiday Fantasy Fashion Show.

What I am creating:
an Olaf punch card, a MOJO Monday card and treats for open house.

My simple pleasure:
a hot cup of tea
 
Looking around the house:
There are plenty of signs that we are kids friendly, thinking we need to fill this family room with kids soon... ok, ok I will let them sleep in!
  
From the camera:
  
 
My kid loves his Chicken strips from Copper Skillet... In love my eggs and ketchup!

Prayer List:
I am lifting up prayers for all the Veterans, may the sacrifices they have given be a foundation for peace, acceptance and democracy.  Thanking the Lord for my health, my family and friends.  Please hold my friends and family fighting cancer and other illnesses in your arms and bring them solace. So many blessing, and grateful to live they life I do with my amazing family!

Bible verse, Devotional:
15 And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”Luke 12:15
 
 Cary
XXXOOO

ps... want to know where I got this crazy way to share more of myself with you?
Meet my inspiration and a very talented SAHM HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment