Saturday, November 8, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday 11/3/14

 


As I look outside my window:
The sun is out, The blue skies are blaring... join me for a long walk.  A walk was my escape yesterday... but I have been under the weather you might say... my body is like a barometer and when a weather change occurs I feel it deep down in my bones and my head throbs... so even though I trudged through last Thursday, Friday and Saturday with very busy schedules... I took time after our family walk yesterday, climbed in bed and rested.  The weather will allow me to work outside in my garden today and to sneak another long walk in.  I ma glad we fell back in time yesterday!  The blue skies means my body will recover!

Right now I am:
Juggling the laundry I did not complete this weekend.  Teenagers have no resolve to complete laundry until they are all our of everything, and its piled up on their floor so thick you cannot help them find a darn thing.  I laugh because my mother would never have allowed this behavior and after yesterday, I usually come in to a clean monster mode... so they will come home to find a bare floor and a few items in TIME OUT!

Thinking and pondering:
Weeks away is Thanksgiving followed by Christmas... we have so many blessings throughout the year it is time to celebrate each little detail now!

On my bedside table:
My Bible, the Love Dare, a plant that I am nurturing back to life, and a box of Kleenex... allergies and a migraine. YUCK!

On my TV this week:
Going to try and catch up with Y& R... I said it last week and never caught a day... there is always this week! Seriously, did not make it to Y& R for the past three weeks... maybe this week ... Maybe not!  I did catch Masterpiece Theater last night... I loved the Death at Pemberly, which confirmed my love for Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth!

Listening to:
The washing machine and dryer, a lovely sound that will lull me back to sleep!

On the menu for this week:
Monday - Chicken Posole A Wildtree Recipe I have to agree is good!
Tuesday - Pasta of some sort... I miss pasta!
Wednesday - Chicken Pot Pie... I am feeling comfy meals this week!
Thursday - Grandpa Chucks Birthday Dinner... mystery!
Friday - Chinese for the family, Mexican for me!
Saturday - Dinner and a Movie for my family, I get dinner out!
Sunday - Turkey Dinner with Trimmings!

**NEW WEEKLY ADDITION**
Wildtree Recipe of the Week:

20-Minute Pozole Style Stew

Ingredients

2 pork tenderloins, cut into bite-size pieces (about 2 pounds)
1 tablespoon Wildtree Chicken Bouillon or Vegetable Bouillon Soup Base
2 tablespoons Wildtree Natural Grapeseed Oil, divided
1/2 cup Wildtree Savory Sofrito Cooking Base
1-2 tablespoons chipotles en adobo
1 (15 ounce) can hominy, drained and rinsed
1 cup water
1 tablespoon lime juice

Method of Preparation

Combine pork with Chicken or Vegetable Bouillon in a large bowl; set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon Grapeseed Oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook 1/2 the pork, stirring occasionally for 4 minute, or until almost done. Remove the pork and keep warm. Repeat with remaining tablespoon of Grapeseed Oil and remaining pork. Return all the pork to the skillet and stir in Sofrito and chipotle peppers. Cook for approximately 2 minutes. Stir in hominy and water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes or until the pork is done. Stir in lime juice and serve over cooked rice.

 
 
 

On my to do list:
Purchase more Wildtree product... so far the following have been big hits in our house:
Smoked Mozzarella & Tomato Blend, guacamole seasoning, Very Berry Cheesecake Blend, Dill Dip Blend... and three freezer meals are down. I made tacos with their Taco blend.. a hit and teenagers loved the dill dip on Halloween so much... I await the ranch dressing/dip mix I just ordered!

Happening this week:
Monday - Kylie and Lily... Arts and Crafts at Cafe' Art.
Tuesday -  Kylie and I are baking cupcakes today.
Wednesday - Kylie, Lily and I are going to Rockin' Jump!!
Thursday - DSRWC Board Meeting, Drive to Grandpa Chucks for his birthday!  Special gift for him!
Friday - Playdate and BUNCO at Maries... I love to stamp!
Saturday- Craft Fair at San Ramon Senior Center, BUNCO with The Manteca Junior Women's Club.
Sunday - Going to make a Family style dinner to welcome home my hubby from a long day of working the Raider Game! 

What I am creating:
Thank You Cards, a long list to thank!

My simple pleasure:
A nap... and giggles!
 
Looking around the house:
We need to redefine the office area... looking on Pinterest to find a creative organization spot for all the kids school supplies and my GFWC materials.
  
From the camera:
  
 
The gang of Halloween!

Prayer List:
The brave young men from Sacramento County, and Placerville are laid to rest today and tomorrow.  I pray for their families!  Welcome Home SGT Tahmooressi, may you find peace, a good meal and the knowledge that we welcome you home.  Prayers for my dear friends that are battling Cancer, prayers to my friends moving this week out of state, prayers for my friends that are dealing with the loss of a loved one, and prayers to my friends battling issues and addictions I can not even begin to understand.  Prayers for the young women all over the world that deal with abuse, prayers that ISIS self implodes.  Prayers for the safety and courage for those that protect us.  Lifting up my children that they may serve the Lord in a positive way, and prayers for all my family, friends and foes!

Bible verse, Devotional:
10 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.
 
 1 Peter 5:10
 
 Cary
XXXOOO

ps... want to know where I got this crazy way to share more of myself with you?
Meet my inspiration and a very talented SAHM HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment