Monday, December 15, 2014

Happy Homamker Monday 12/15/14

 
As I look outside my window:
It is dark and rainy.  I cherish the rain, and pray that everyone drives safely today, I have family members and friends driving and I want them home safely! We do need the rain, so I pray it continues to make a snow pack, fill our reservoirs and helps keep our communities in the green and not the red.

Right now I am:
Doing the regular Monday Morning Battle of the boy... he will not get out of bed and does not want anything I offer t cook, and I continue to get up and walk to him... turn on lights and pull off blankets.  Have I divulged that he is in my bed?  Yes, this Thursday he turns 12 and he still makes it to my bed 5 nights out of 7.

Thinking and pondering:
How sad death is, as we begin to mourn the imminent loss of our dear Papa Chuck, how hard it is to let it happen as it appears it is painful, confusing and very uncomfortable.  This is a time we need to let it all go to God and yet, we fight it every step of the way.  Prayers for clarity and peace.
  
On my bedside table:
My bible, Photos of the hubby and kids, and a lucky bamboo plant, and a few Warrior Cats books!

On my TV this week:
I hope to be able one day to watch an episode of Y&R.  I look forward to at least one episode of Sesame Street with my Lily Bug today!
 
Listening to:
The dishwasher, my oldest and my sons grumbles. The vibrations and echoes of my feet stomping down the hall to announce myself has made a difference on this tenth round. 

On the menu for this week:
Monday - Taco Salad
Tuesday - Potato Soup
WednesdayZesty Garlic Wings 
Thursday - Matthew's Birthday Dinner
Friday - Chinese Food
Saturday - Panini's
Sunday - Pot Roast

**NEW WEEKLY ADDITION**
Wildtree Recipe of the Week

Chocolate Whoopie Pies

Ingredients:
  
Cake

1 package Wildtree Chocolate Whoopie Pie Cake

2.5 tablespoons water

4 tablespoons butter, melted

1 egg

Filling

1 package Wildtree Chocolate Whoopie Pie Filling

½ cup heavy cream
Filling:

Pour the heavy cream and Whoopie Pie Filling into a medium sized bowl.

Using a hand mixer, whip until the filling pulls away from the sides of the


bowl. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
 
   
Cookie/Cake:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat butter and water together in a pan or
microwave safe bowl until the butter is completely melted. In a
medium-sized bowl, combine the melted butter and water mixture,
Whoopie Pie Cake Mix, and the egg. Stir until the ingredients are fully
incorporated and the batter looks shiny. Line a cookie sheet with
parchment and scoop 8 even sized cookies onto the pan. Place in the
oven and bake for 6-8 minutes. The cakes will spread during baking.
Remove the cakes from the oven and cool to room temperature.
Distribute the filling evenly between the 4 sandwiches and lightly press
together. Eat immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes for a firmer filling.
On my to do list:
Shopping for some treats to alter fro my January Open House, A Christmas Cards, and a little wrapping

Happening this week:
Monday - Lily is here to play today, we have a trip to Build A Bear on our Agenda.
Tuesday -  Report Writing and playing with my new farm fresh veggies.
Wednesday - Manteca Federated Club meeting, and play date with Marie.  
Thursday - Matthew turnds 12 today! Ridding lessons, possibly the Blackhawk Chorus.
Friday - A trip to Hollister, to see Papa.
Saturday - A family fun daySunday - Haircuts for Gabriella and I.

What I am creating:
Samples and Swaps from the NEW catalog and gifts for the Open House. 
My simple pleasure:
Sleep!
Looking around the house:
I need to light some candles to make the house feel warmer!
  
From the camera:


A picture of Jan Schweser, Lisa Crowley and I.

BINGO Winners from Last Night... all three got a Blackout!
Jan, Margo and Janna!  Love these ladies! 

Prayer List:
Please lift the Farruggia, Jensen Families up in prayer as we begin to let go of Papa Chuck.  A true patriarch, he will definitely be missed and we await a sign that he is happy in Grandma and the Lords' loving arms soon! Prayers for all displaced and not in a warm home. Prayers for family and friends that are sick. Prayers for those that have relationship issues that get worse during the holidays.  Prayers for those that have less than my family.  Prayers my family becomes observant of the privileges we have. Prayers that healing hearts will lift the chaos around the world and we start considering other peoples feelings and obeying the Lord. Lifting up my family and friends that the holidays will bring them less stress and more love!

Bible verse, Devotional:
24 Be strong, and let your heart take courage,
all you who wait for the Lord!

Psalm 31:24
 
 Cary
XXXOOO

ps... want to know where I got this crazy way to share more of myself with you?
Meet my inspiration and a very talented SAHM HERE
 



No comments:

Post a Comment