Monday, December 22, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday 12/22

As I look outside my window:
Most of the day has slipped away.  It is the first Monday of the Christmas break and my family all sleeps soundly.  Only Mackenzie is up with me she will leave me soon to work.  I hope this week passes quickly... I feel so behind in the holiday spirit.

Right now I am:
Addressing Christmas cards, and wrapping  last minute neighbor gifts. I think I will begin baking today too.  I missed my annual cookie exchange and I have to get snacky! Snacky is my word for adding a few comfort calories. 'Tis the season.

Thinking and pondering:
Where has this year gone?  It seems like last year is so far away and the new year is on the verge of taking over.  My beautiful children have grown, matured, tested me and blessed me with so much love and inspiration.  I have to thank God, for I am the luckiest mother in the world.
  
On my bedside table:
My bible, Photos of the hubby and kids, and a lucky bamboo plant, and laundry that needs to be put away. 

On my TV this week:
The Borgia's... found the series on Netflix and I swear I am only hooked until it ends.
 
Listening to:
The pool pump humming.  Waiting on the pool guy so I can let my dogs out to rule the backyard and scare away the squirrels.

On the menu for this week:
Monday - Butternut Squash Soup
Tuesday - Pesto Chicken Pasta
Wednesday - Chinese
Thursday - Christmas Dinner... Ham, potatoes and much more.
Friday - Scalloped Potatoes
Saturday - Beans (from the Ham leftovers)and Roast Chicken
Sunday - Spaghetti

**NEW WEEKLY ADDITION**
Wildtree Recipe of the Week

Moroccan Couscous with Roasted Butternut Squash

Ingredients

2 cups butternut squash, cut into ½ inch cubes
1 cup onion, diced
1 ½ tablespoons Wildtree Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil, divided
1 ½ cups water
1 tablespoon Rockin’ Moroccan Rub
1 teaspoon Garlic Galore Seasoning Blend
1 cup couscous
2 tablespoons golden raisins
¼ cup raisins
1 (15.5 ounce) can chicken peas (garbonzo beans), rinsed and drained
Moroccan Couscous with Roasted Butternut Squash - Wildtree Recipes
Print Moroccan Couscous with Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe Share Wildtree's Moroccan Couscous with Roasted Butternut Squash by Email
Share Wildtree's Moroccan Couscous with Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe on Tumblr

Method of Preparation

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Toss the squash and onion with 1 tablespoon of the Grapeseed Oil. Spread on a foil lined baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, turning half way through. Combine the remaining Grapeseed Oil, water, Rockin’ Moroccan Rub, and Garlic Galore in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the raisins, chickpeas, and couscous. Stir and then cover. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the oven, toss with the couscous, and garnish with almonds, if desired
 
On my to do list:
Hoping to start my January Open House preparations.. I came up with a great gift for my customers.

Happening this week:
Monday - First Day of Christmas Break.
Tuesday - Baking and Relaxing (stamping is relaxing!)
Wednesday - Christmas Eve, early diner with daddy before he works.
Thursday - Happy Birthday Baby Jesus!
Friday - Renee Day! I adore my days with her!
Saturday - SU Open House and a few birthdays for friends!

What I am creating:
Samples and Swaps from the NEW catalog and gifts for the Open House. 
My simple pleasure:
Sleep! Cuddles and walking the dogs!
Looking around the house:
Christmas spirit is among us!
  
From the camera:
My sons gift from Grandpa Carver... He is most excited about this. My father bought him a rod this past summer and now this fancy reel! Bring on the fish! 

Prayer List:
Lifting all families that have lost loved ones this year up in prayer.  Lifting up prayers for those that serve our country in various thankless forms.  Walking and praying for the thin blue line. Leaving my porch light on to honor fallen officers and to proclaim we are Christians and we only tolerate the fair treatment of all.  Prayers for all displaced and not in a warm home. Prayers for family and friends that are sick. Prayers for those that have relationship issues that get worse during the holidays.  Prayers for those that have less than my family.  Prayers my family becomes observant of the privileges we have. Prayers that healing hearts will lift the chaos around the world and we start considering other peoples feelings and obeying the Lord. Lifting up my family and friends that the holidays will bring them less stress and more love!

Bible verse, Devotional:
The Lord is your keeper;
the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.
 Psalm 121:5-6
 Cary
XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment