Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday 12/29/14

As I look outside my window:
Sky is blue, but it is so cold out I was expecting more clouds! Had our heater on for the first time last night.   I am going to look silly all bundled up to walk my dogs but I am going to admit, the mild winter really does spoil me!

Right now I am:
Deciding which recipe to try... I want to make homemade pretzels. Any suggestions? 

Thinking and pondering:
Bring on 2015! I have goals to save money, and be more efficient. Starting this week I am going to make some tough decisions!  If I am not using it, it may have to go.  Same goes for may kids items... they are holding on to so much stuff, I need to guide them in letting go.
  
On my bedside table:
My bible, Photos of the hubby and kids, and a lucky bamboo plant.

On my TV this week:
Apple TV, my kids gave that to my husband for Christmas. Trying it out.
 
Listening to:
Silence, the whole house is asleep... wait what is that thunder? Ah, just the cat... he really wants me to pause and give him a scoop of wet food.  Cannot deny that guy, he gets vicious.

On the menu for this week:
Monday - Meatloaf, Cornflake Casserole and Green Beans
Tuesday - Ham & Potato Soup...still have ham leftovers.
Wednesday - Wildtree Freezer Meal
Thursday - Prime Rib, Smashed Potatoes and a salad.
Friday - Leftovers... YUMM!
Saturday - Sesame Chicken Salad
Sunday - Buffet of treats for my Open House! 

**NEW WEEKLY ADDITION**
Wildtree Recipe of the Week

Asian Angel Hair Slaw

2 bags angel hair or regular slaw
3/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 package ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet)
1 tablespoon Wildtree Natural or Butter infused Grapeseed oil
1 cup Wildtree Asian Ginger Plum Dressing & Marinade

Method of Preparation

In a large bowl combine Wildtree Asian Ginger Plum Dressing & Marinade with the angle hair slaw and refriderate. When ready to serve heat Wildtree Grape Seed oil in a medium sized saute pan, break apart the noodles and saute them with almonds and sunflower seeds. Combine noodles with slaw. Serve as quickly as possible so the noodles and nuts stay crunchy.

On my to do list:
Finishing up samples for my Open House on Sunday, high and low dusting, maybe the floors. I may wait to clean the carpets until after the guests leave Sunday. A good steam cleaning is in the future.  Wish we had removed all the carpets... wait it is pretty cold today, grateful we have some left!

Happening this week:
Monday - MDD Meeting to get organized and some card samples.
Tuesday - Stamping my day away.. a few projects due
Wednesday - New Years Eve, may take my family to the movie.
Thursday - Happy Birthday Hubby!
Friday - Board Meeting, and last minute stamping.
Saturday - SU playdates.. heading to Turlock to make shoebox swaps and samples with Lorraine and Sarah. Hoping to gather some really cool samples to CASE and share with my customers tomorrow. 
Sunday - My 2015 Open House cannot wait to set up the Buffet!

What I am creating:
Samples and Swaps from the NEW catalog and gifts for the Open House. 

My simple pleasure:
My husbands sweatpants... comfy and ready for me anytime, not exactly what I should wear out but I can pull them off within a few feet of the house!
Looking around the house:
I like winter, the kids linger in bed... more time to me!
  
From the camera:

My Christmas Eve Treat, all 3 kids plus Megan watching Elf and sitting on the same couch!

Prayer List:
As 2014 comes to a close, I pray that I lead my family with a honest Christian heart, may I learn to be as kind and graceful as the Lord.  I pray that we find a healthy 2015 because Cancer is a jerk, and I want it to stay away.  I pray for all those that did not have the privilege of a heater last night or a roof over their heads. I ask that we are more conscious about other people and their feelings, that we discover that we all are fighting battles  and  some struggle more than us.  Lift up those that are in a position to protect and serve us, may the be able to do their job safely and without judgment. lastly, I pray for peace!

Bible verse, Devotional:
16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.
John 15:16

 Cary
XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment