Monday, December 8, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday 12/8/14

 
 
As I look outside my window:
The fog is lingering through the neighbors orange trees... looks very cold outside.  but earlier this am the weather woman promised no rain today. 

Right now I am:
Sad that every Monday I go through the battle of the boy.  The eleven year old soon to be 12 will not get out of bed, will not eat breakfast and I cannot send a unfed dirty kid out of my house.  Today is the last day... and yet he walked out the door finally on his own and without breakfast that was made for him, and agreed upon.  I am going to stand firm.  How is it that he does not respect me or himself enough?  Praying that he decides to eat lunch today. Ahhhh! Parenthood!

Thinking and pondering:
On a positive note: How blessed I am to have healthy kids, and to be able to take care of two adorable kiddos each week.  To see how they view life, and react to life is quite entertaining!   If you are bale to give them so much, how can they go through these stages of disobedience.
  
On my bedside table:
My bible, Photos of the hubby and kids, and a lucky bamboo plant.

On my TV this week:
I hope to be able one day to watch an episode of Y&R.  I curiously watch the news over and over to see if these violent protests will come to an end and hope not to witness the injury of my husband.
 
Listening to:
The hummm, not just the one inside my head, but the hum of the computer, the hum of life,  the absolute sadness my heart is feeling right now.  The above issues are my only worries, I am grateful compared to other mothers it is not worse.

On the menu for this week:
Monday - Pesto Pasta
Tuesday - Asian Skillet Meal
Wednesday - Kid's Cheez - Macaroni and Cheese
Thursday - Tomato Soup and Toasted Cheese Sandwiches
Friday - Chinese Food
Saturday - Spaghetti & Meatballs
Sunday - Fish of the Day and London Broil

**NEW WEEKLY ADDITION**
Wildtree Recipe of the Week

Ingredients

1 tablespoon Wildtree Natural Grapeseed Oil
3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 packet Wildtree Asian Skillet Meal
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 cups water
3/4 cup long grain white rice
1/2 cup frozen peas

Method of Preparation


Heat the Grapeseed Oil in a medium sized nonstick skillet. Add the chicken breast and begin to cook. Mix together the Asian Skillet Meal, soy sauce and water; set aside. Once the chicken is partially cooked (it will finish while the rice is cooking), add the rice to the pan and stir to coat in the Grapeseed Oil. Add in the peas and the Asian Skillet Meal mixture and stir to combine. Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the rice is completely cooked. Uncover and remove from heat, fluffing with a fork. Serve immediately.
 
On my to do list:
Finish preparing for a Girl Scout Christmas Party, and complete name tags for the DSRWC Christmas Party.
 

Happening this week:
Monday - Lily is here to play today, we have a few board games for the morning and a trip to the park before nap time.
Tuesday -  Lily is here today, and we are meeting Linda for Lunch.
Wednesday - Crab Feed Meeting 
Thursday - Ridding lessons, and take lunch to Pine valley.
Friday - Board Meeting for Mount Diablo District, and heading to Manteca to make four adorable projects with ten Girl Scouts.
Saturday - Meet with Mercedes to pick our photos.
Sunday - DSRWC Christmas Social at the Brass Door.

What I am creating:
Altered Coffee Cups, Christmas Cards, Tool Kits, and Name Tags. 
My simple pleasure:
A nap, and a smile! 
Looking around the house:
I miss having little kids, of course I have Lily and Kylie, but I miss my kids being younger and the toys and books they enjoyed.
  
From the camera:
  


Our Christmas Tree.  The Blue Strand is to support Law Enforcement.
 
Prayer List:
Prayers for all displaced and not in a warm home. Prayers for family and friends that are sick. Prayers for those that have relationship issues that get worse during the holidays.  Prayers for those that have less than my family.  Prayers my family becomes observant of the privileges we have. Prayers that healing hearts will lift the chaos around the world and we start considering other peoples feelings and obeying the Lord. Lifting up my family and friends that the holidays will bring them less stress and more love!

Bible verse, Devotional:
2:1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.
 Ephesians 2:1-3
 
 Cary
XXXOOO

ps... want to know where I got this crazy way to share more of myself with you?
Meet my inspiration and a very talented SAHM HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment