Saturday, December 27, 2014

Sunday Relection... The Day After Renee Day!

Sometng I love to brag about:
My Grandest Pal Renee! 
We have shared some good times 
And we have made miraculous things happen together!
One thing that I love being around her is she listens...
I am a talker and she really listens to me. 
She filters my dreams and desires
And then focuses me on my goal.
She is not afraid to tell me to cut my desire in half, one must take many things into account.
When I hear her advice it always makes more sense than my original plan.
She is beautiful inside and out and a real motivator!

Here is a photo of Renee and her granddaughter Harlee.
Every year since I have met her she has gathered my thoughts, dreams and goals,
We place them on paper and triage what is reality, can be reality and will be reality. 
She never tells me I cannot do something, 
She helps me prioritize the end goal and then I can make things happen.

Yesterday, we got together to finally see the movie Wild
After we read that book it really resignatted with me that we women can achieve many things.
Sadly, I feel the movie focused on sex, and drugs and not on the wonderous journey.
When I tell people I stamp as a hobby some understand. 
When I tell people that I hike they look perplexed. 
Both bring me a sense of freedom, creativity, inspiration and achievement. 
As a woman I can proudly say that stamping and hiking are in fact a way I define myself!

Renee and I started stamping together and every May when she came to walk for my Relay for Life team, she was coming home after a hike in Yosemitte.  She spoke of the beauty and challenge in picking the trails and I wanted to join her just once... And she took my family and I right away, let me brag that she struck the heart of our family.. And we go every year at least once together. We plan hikes that share different views and degrees of difficulty.

We talk about life, love, family and yes we talk about stamping! 

Here is the Christmas card she made for my family:
Check out that beautiful Candy Cane Bakers Twine she found last spring... Love the way the colors mix. She combined it with Whisper White Cardstock, Pistchio Pudding Cardstock, Retired Holiday DSP, the Trim The Tree DSP stack, 3/4" Circle Punch, Pistachio Pudding Stamp Pad, Cherry Cobbler 1" Sheer Linen Ribbon and used the Cheerful Christmas Stamp Set.

Then I love this thank you card:

She used the Thank You so much from the recent My Paper Pumpkin, the Star Framelits, Crumb Cake Cardstock base, her Real Red Stamp, Whisper White Organza Ribbon and a few sheets from a Retired DSP stack. Notice the edging of the star? Renee has done this a few times and it lifts and adds dimension to her amazing cards. I call it her signature.

I decided to CASE her Thank You card:

For the life of me I could not find my recent My Paper Pumpkin stamps.. Where did I place them??
So I used a NEW SAB stamp set Best Day Ever, Trim the Tree DSP stack, Star Framelits, Garden Green Stsmpin' Pad, and Stampin' Write Markerr, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Early Esspresso Cardstock Base, and Regal Candy Dots. 

She is working with me to make my resolutions and goals for 2015 reachable, and with her guidance and cheering on I know I will achieve all my dreams and desires! 

Happy Sunday!
Cary
XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment