Monday, January 19, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday 1/19/15

 
 
As I look outside my window:
It looks like winter, but compared to the rest of the United States I am sure it will be a warm day!

Right now I am:
Rushing to get my family up and out the door so we can make our family fun day occur without a time bump.

Thinking and pondering:
Never lick the spatula that may contain raw sausage, it has to be the culprit of my illness yesterday.
  
On my bedside table:
My bible, a NEW family photo, and my hubby's boot camp picture.

On my TV this week:
Hopefully I can see one episode of Y&R, I missed it all last week.
 
Listening to:
My husband slurping his coffee like he has nothing better to do. Ugh!  I am running late and he just sits like there is no big deal!

On the menu for this week:
Monday - Chipino
Tuesday - Hamburger Gravy
Wednesday - Wildtree Freezer Meal
Thursday - Pasta Bake
Friday - Chinese, Farruggia Family Fun Night
Saturday - Something Easy, I have a BUNCO tonight.
Sunday - Pot Roast
 
**NEW WEEKLY ADDITION**
Wildtree Recipe of the Week

Beef Burgundy in Bread Bowl

Ingredients

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 pounds beef stew meat, cut to bite size pieces
14 ounce can of cream of mushroom soup
2 cups water
1/4 cup Wildtree Steak Sauce
1 cup dry red cooking wine
1/4 cup Wildtree Absolutely Onion Blend
1 cup frozen pearl onions
2 medium carrots
1 round loaf of bread

Method of Preparation

Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Season beef with salt and pepper and cook in batches until lightly browned; about 5 minutes for each batch. Pour in: cream of mushroom soup, Wildtree Steak Sauce, dry red cooking wine, water, and Wildtree Absolutely Onion Blend. Cover and simmer on low heat for 4 hours; stirring occasionally to prevent scorching. Additional water may be added if stew begins to reduce too much. Add pearl onions and carrots and cook for an additional 20 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through, and beef is tender. Cut the top portion of the bread off and tear out the center to create a bowl. Pour stew into bread bowl and serve immediately.
 
On my to do list:
Complete my BUNCO supplies, I have some adorable ideas!

Happening this week:
Monday - Taking Kylie and Matthew to the Steinart Aquarium
Tuesday - Stamping until I pick up Lily. Haircut today.
Wednesday - CASE some cards and projects I have wanted to complete.
Thursday - Riding Lessons. Crafting.
Friday - Farruggia Family Fun Night.
Saturday - Krissy's Valentine BUNCo. 
Sunday - SU Open House, and a lil Downton Abbey 

What I am creating:
Banners, Valentines, and Birthday Cards.

My simple pleasure:
Naps, After yesterday, I thought I was a gonner!

Looking around the house:
So much to do, but the kiddos come first.
  
From the camera:

 Do Not leave your camera unattended.... this is what happens.

My new home screen. 
Thanks to my hubby.
Prayer List:
Prayers for my friends that are dealing with challenges I cannot imagine.  Prayers for the homeless, may they find warmth and a meal this day. Thankful for Martin Luther King Jr and all he stood for.  May the lord lift us all up and grant us grace and understanding.

Bible verse, Devotional:
20 It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife,
but every fool will be quarreling."

Proverbs 20:3

Cary
XXXOOO

I was inspired to do this by Diary of a SAHM.

No comments:

Post a Comment