Monday, January 26, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday 1/26/15

 

As I look outside my window:
I believe it is going to be a wonderful day!
 
Right now I am:
Completing a few projects while my youngest sleep and the hubby and oldest head out the door.

Thinking and pondering:
The month is almost over and I must really evaluate my goals for 2015... I am doing well on some but I need a lil' nudge on the others.
  
On my bedside table:
My bible, a NEW family photo, and my hubby's boot camp picture.  A stack of reports to read. 

On my TV this week:
A few movies since the hubby is home every night now, he guides our entertainment.
 
Listening to:
My cat nibbling and crunching his breakfast.  He did not go in and out all night which means there is probably a new catch in his graveyard.
 
On the menu for this week:
Monday - Potato Soup and some yummy crusty bread.
Tuesday - Pizza... veggie and maybe a ham and pineapple.
Wednesday - Wildtree Meal... Will post Wednesday!
Thursday - Pinterest Meal.. Sticky Pork chops.
Friday - Chinese, Farruggia Family Fun Night
Saturday - Thinking Spaghetti.
Sunday - Super Bowl Taco Bar... a yearly tradition.
 
**NEW WEEKLY ADDITION**
Wildtree Recipe of the Week

 
 Braised Short Ribs with Farro Salad
 


Ingredients

1 pound short ribs
½ teaspoon plus ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons Wildtree Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil, divided
2 ½ teaspoons Wildtree Herbes de Provence Blend, divided
2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
½ onion, chopped
4 celery stalks, chopped
1 cup red wine
1 ½ cup Wildtree Vegetable Bouillon Soup Base, prepared according to package directions
thyme + rosemary sprigs
1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
½ red onion, diced
1 cup farro 4 cups water
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley

Method of Preparation

a boil. Cover with foil and place in the oven. Cook for about 2½ hours or until meat is falling off the bone. About 2 hours into the ribs cooking time, start preparing the farro salad. Toss sweet potato and red onion with 1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and remaining ½ teaspoon Herbes de Provence Blend. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, prepare the farro. Rinse farro and place in a pot with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add the sweet potato and onion to the bowl with the farro, dress with remaining 1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil, balsamic vinegar, and fresh parsley. Toss to combine. Serve short ribs with farro salad.Preheat oven to 325°F. Season short ribs with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil in a large ovenproof pot over medium to high heat. Add the short ribs and brown on all sides, working in batches so as to not over-crowd the pan. Transfer seared short ribs to a plate and rub with 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence Blend once cooled slightly. In the now empty pot, add the carrot, onion, and celery. Sauté until they are a slightly browned; about 5 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the red wine, scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until wine is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the short ribs back to the pan. Add the Vegetable Bouillon Soup Base and sprigs of thyme and rosemary. Bring to


 
On my to do list:
Complete some alternative projects with some beautiful stamp sets. Finish up some volunteer activities and get back onto the workout wagon.

Happening this week:
Monday - No school for the younger two, meetings for me and the dentist for Matthew and I.
Tuesday - Stamping until I pick up Lily. Orthodontist.
Wednesday - CASE some cards and projects I have wanted to complete.
Thursday - Riding Lessons. Crafting. Past Presidents Assembly meeting at Campo DI Bocce.  We are collecting for the Bob Hope Ontario, USO!
Friday - Farruggia Family Fun Night. Hello Life Kit Class.
Saturday - Hello Life Project Kit Class and Movies with my family. 
Sunday - Seahawks playing in the super bowl, taco bar for the family, and a special  stamping date with my girlfriends.

What I am creating:
Banners, Valentines, and Birthday Cards. Making a list and checking it twice Stampin' Up! always makes my playtime NICE!.

My simple pleasure:
Walks with my four legged friends.
 
Looking around the house:
So much to do, but the kiddos come first.

From the camera:
These two lovelies completed their FIRST My Paper Pumpkin kit! So Much Fun!
 Prayer List:
Prayers for my friends that are dealing with challenges I cannot imagine.  Prayers for the homeless, may they find warmth and a meal this day. Thankful for Martin Luther King Jr and all he stood for.  May the lord lift us all up and grant us grace and understanding.

Bible verse, Devotional:
31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
Acts 16:31

Cary
XXXOOO

I was inspired to do this by Diary of a SAHM.


No comments:

Post a Comment