Friday, February 13, 2015

February GUEST Blog Hostess: Jeanne Murchie

Jeanne Murchie
Here are a few questions asked of Jeanne:
  1. Tell me a little about you! 
    I have been married for 61 years, have two daughters, 3 grand kids and 7 greats. We are a very close family and enjoy all being together for different occasions.  
    My husband is very crafty and has made many things to make my stamping and stamping room enjoyable. I would find storage a problem if not for his help.
A photo of Jeanne and Jim:
(I can tell you from experience, that the faith, love and friendship theses two share is AMAZING)
  1. How long have you been a stamper?    19 years
  2. When did you start stamping? I got into stamping in the beginning by my oldest daughter. She lived in Fremont and had a stamp party there that I went to. I bought an owl stamp since I collected owls and used it on letters to friends, that was in the late 80's.  In Manteca I  discovered D.O.T.S stamps, I think they are called  Close to My Heart now. Then I went to a Stampin Up party and my collection started to grow. Since then I have gone to many stores and shows until I have a room full of stamping stuff.
    I stamp with a couple groups. I have friends in Modesto and we meet once a month and each bring a card to share with the other 4. I also belong to Silver Stampers which is a group of ladies who are all over the country and we send cards a few times a year. I also really look forward to stamping with another small group about every 3 months which includes my daughter, a friend of hers and Cary. We make a day of it and I love that time together.
A picture of Jeanne, Jim and their kids:
(Jeanne, Charlie, Cal, Karen, Kathy Jo, and Jim)
  1. What inspires you?   Magazines, going to stamp and scrapbook shows.  Pinterest 
  2. What product does this card include? She said "it is almost all Stampin' Up! minus the embossing folder and adorable heart stickers."
  3. Where did you get the idea for this card?  Pinterest
  4. What is your FAVORITE Stamping tool, set, color or occasion?  My Big Shot
  5. Last but not least... who do you follow, turn to or get your inspiration and ideas from?  You Smiling face with smiling eyes (while this is flattering... I know Jeanne follows many talented stampers and purchases from may talented sites... so I will do some research to share her inspirations)
 
Here is a photo of Jeanne donating cards she made,
and inspired the rest of us to share for her project that she started. 
All the cards were donated to local Senior living locations
 so that seniors could have handmade cards for FREE to share with their loved ones.
 Jeanne is a very giving person and it is one more reason I am attached to her!
"Our church is celebrating it's centennial this year and one of the things I offered to do was take cards to 2 of the senior living homes here and give them 100 cards to use. I did this this past week with the help of dear friends who shared some of their cards with me and the homes were so pleased to receive them." Quote about Jeanne's current project.  
 
Jeanne...
February's Blog Hostess with the Mostess...
She challenges you to share your tree inspired cards!
 
 
Jeanne Murchie's February Blog Hostess Card:
Jeanne used a retired Stampin' Up! Tree stamp, and some heart stickers, and a beautiful embossing folder.  She lightly, added pink with a sponge and I love that! 
She has a special gift of sponging.. she is very gentle and swirls and sponges with talent!

 Jeanne,
I accept your challenge!
 
Cary's CASE of Jeanne's Card:
I could not sponge lightly for the life of me!
Jeanne, has a gentle touch and heart!

Supplies used to CASE her Tree of Love:
Strawberry Slush Cardstock, Soft Suede Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, Sheltering Tree Stamp Set, Perpetual Birthday Calendar Stamp Set, Soft Suede Stampin' Pad, Strawberry Slush Stampin' Pad, Stampin' Sponge, Rhinestones, Painted a looms Cotton Twine, Strawberry Slush Thick Bakers Twine and Dimensional's.
 
Thank You Jeanne!
Love you so much!
Cary
XXXOOO
 
ps... would you like to be my blog host? Contact me and we can create your post!
ppss... Want to know more about Jeanne's favorite Stamping tool:
Big Shot 113439
Price: $99.95
Run dies and folders through this machine to cut shapes and emboss. Cuts a variety of materials. Includes Standard Cutting Pads and Multipurpose Platform.


Jeanne EARNED hers as a HALF PRICE item when she hosted a gathering!
Contact me for details on how Jeanne is my HOSTESSS with the MOSTESS this month!



No comments:

Post a Comment