Monday, February 2, 2015

Happy Homamker Monday 2/2/15

 
As I look outside my window:
It is too dark to see but: Pennsylvania's Punxsutawney Phil, the most famous of America's groundhogs, emerged from his burrow at Gobbler's Knob early Monday to proclaim to the crowd that he saw his shadow and predicted six more weeks of winter.
 
Right now I am:
Wishing I could have slept in as my teenagers do all weekend then up and early they stomp through my house as if its time for me to get up because they are up!  Got to love them! Especially the one that is reading her way through breakfast and then will leave her dishes behind because she does not have the time.  

Thinking and pondering:
I have not been meeting my goals this past week.  I have been meeting my commitments to others but not my goals to myself. Bummed about that!
  
On my bedside table:
My bible, a NEW family photo, and my hubby's boot camp picture.  A stack of reports to read, and a new book calling out my name.  

On my TV this week:
I do not know.  The man of the house will guide forever.  Yikes!  Just kidding, sometimes I like his picks unless they are violent military ones.  
 
Listening to:
My teenager scrape her fork... ugh the worst sound EVER!
 
On the menu for this week:
Monday - Tacos... we have leftovers.
Tuesday - Beef and Vegetable soup.  
Wednesday - Wildtree Meal... Will post Wednesday!
Thursday - Pinterest Meal.. Sticky Pork chops. We did not eat this last week. We had a Wildtree Fast meal. Try again!!!
Friday - Chinese, Farruggia Family Fun Night
Saturday - Pesto Pasta & Pesto Chicken..
Sunday - French Dip Sammies.
 
**NEW WEEKLY ADDITION**
Wildtree Recipe of the Week

Basil Pesto Chicken

Ingredients

1 tablespoon Wildtree Basil Pesto Blend
3 tablespoons warm water
2 tablespoons Wildtree Natural Grapeseed Oil
4 Chicken Breasts

Method of Preparation

Combine the Basil Pesto Blend with the water in a small bowl and mix well. Let stand until the water is absorbed. Add the Natural Grapeseed Oil and mix well. Brush the mixture over the chicken.

Grill over high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat to low and grill until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered with aluminum foil, for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve whole or slice on the diagonal.
 

On my to do list:
Finish my #shareloveproject and get it in the mail.

Happening this week:
Monday - Lily and hopefully Kylie is here we are supposed to go to Build a Bear today. Must buy Valentines dresses for our bears.
Tuesday - Stamping until I pick up Lily.
Wednesday - CASE some cards and projects I have wanted to complete.
Thursday -  DSRWC Board Meeting. Riding Lessons. Crafting.
Friday - Farruggia Family Fun Night.
Saturday - Taking the day off to clean, craft and create. 
Sunday - Family time.

What I am creating:
Some altered jar's and Easter projects.

My simple pleasure:
Naps. Must get over whatever this is trying to start!
 
Looking around the house:
So much to do, but the kiddos come first.

From the camera:

My kids had last Monday off but my volunteer work took most of my day so we snuck out for yogurt and had a nice chat.

Prayer List:
Praying for my friends that are ill, praying for my friends that are battling with evil spouses for childcare, praying for peace, prayers that others will see how the effect those around them and prayers for my family spread out in the world!

Bible verse, Devotional:
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Psalm 103:2-5


Cary
XXXOOO

I was inspired to do this by Diary of a SAHM.

No comments:

Post a Comment