Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March Guest Blog Hostess: Sherri Davis


Blog Hostess: Sherri Davis

 
Let me tell you about Sherri:
    I met Sherri a few years back at a Creative Memories Crop.  We have many mutual friends and hobbies!
    Sherri, was so friendly, and helpful.
    Her personality attracts you to her, she is kind and creative, and supportive.
    When I was asking friends to join in my guest blogging...
    Sherri signed up, and followed up with a creative card and tips!
     
    I have been stamping since 1997
  At present, the faces of my Grandbabies inspire me. 
 The joy that they bring is amazing!

I love to scrap and paper craft with friends.  Sometimes we go on weekend retreats to the mountains and sometimes we just spend time at each others homes.  After 28+ years, we sold our home and purchased one in the country with an acre of land. Not only is there the home we live in, but there is also a manufactured home that we will be turning into a gathering place for things like scrapping weekends, yay!  I feel so blessed with everything that we have been given in our 32 years of marriage, 5 great kids, three biological and two spouses, three grandbabies, and now a homestead in the country.  I am so grateful to share anything that I have with others and this gathering place will do just that.
 
My husband has been with the Manteca Fire Department for 31 years and will retire at the end of 2015 as a Battalion Chief. He has had a rewarding career but looks forward to spending time with the grandbabies on the tractor.  I worked as a lunchlady for 12 years with Manteca Unified School District.  It was the perfect job for me as a mom because I was home when my kids were home.  

Here is her card:
What product does this card include?   My card is made with Recollections card stock, Stampin Up Irresistibly Yours Designer Paper, Stampin Up Sycamore Street Designer paper, Stampin Up 3/8 Organdy Ribbon and Stephanie Bernard's Colorbox Black Ink Pad.  I used my ATG gun for the adhesive.  

Where did you get the idea for this card?  It is my own creation.  I am sending out notes of encouragements to my church community and this is the first one I've made for that ministry.
Is there a technique you would like me to describe?  The ribbon is done with the "cheater" method.  I tie the knot and then cut the ribbon and tape it on the back, instead of trying to tie it on the card. 
What is your FAVORITE Stamping tool, set, color or occasion?  I don't really have a favorite right now.
Last but not least... who do you follow, turn to or get your inspiration and ideas from? May I use their web link on your post?  I follow Stephanie Bernards Stamps of Life, Mary at Cardz TVJuda at Chic n Scratch and Ginger at My Sisters Scrapper.

Sherri inspired me to make a faith based trifold card and to share them with friends.

Here are the directions to make a tri-fold card:
Cut your card base 11" x 4 1/4".
Score using your Simply Scored tool at 2 3/4" & 8 1/4".
Fold. (see how it makes the cute base?)
Then I cut a 4"x3" piece of cardstock to layer over the center of the tri-fold.
You can use Dimensional's, Glue Dots, or SNAIL to adhere this layer.
You could go a little bigger.
Then your décor is up to you.

Supplies used to CASE Sherri's Beautiful Card:
Blackberry Bliss Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, Painted Blooms DSP, Hello Honey Cardstock, Scrap of Mossy Meadow Cardstock,  Flower from Itty Bitty Accents Punch, Deco Labels Framelit, Hello Honey Stampin' Pad, Gold Glimmer Paper, Rhinestones, Glue Dots, and Trust God Stamp Set.

No comments:

Post a Comment