Friday, March 13, 2015

Our Old Fashioned Tupperware Party

This past Wednesday we gathered at Valerie's to have an 'Old Fashioned' Tupperware Party.
Now when I say 'old fashion' and Valerie's name is attached it does not mean old age...
It means a stiff drink!

My husband was our bartender,
Doris was our Tupperware Lady
and we girls all talked about Tupperware, Federation, husbands
 and the ways we use our Tupperware.
Boy did we have a good time!

Meet Doris:
Doris has been selling Tupperware for 43 years...
And Tupperware has exsisted for 65 years.
She is very knowledgable and patient.
We all shared memories of selling, mother's selling, or how we used our Tupperware. 

Here are the products I asked her to share...
So before we even started Doris had taken my interests
and placed them out to show me in person. 

A few snacks:
There was squeeze cheese on crackers,
and I made a few Wildtree Dips.
Check out the star...
The Old Fashioned was quite tasty! 

Ok.. Seriously... The Tupperware was the star!
 I even found some to help me store my stamping tools! 
Each guest shared their oldest piece
and Doris could tell them when it was bought and from what collection it was from!
I won't lie...
I learned more that I thought I knew about Tupperware
and in an hour we still had only seen a few products! 

Look for Tupperware Party #2 coming soon... So much I want now! 

Here are a few rips I learned from Doris and a few I will use in my own business.... 
 
First... If you cannot get a lid to seal fill the dish with hot water
and run the kid under hot water seal it and let it cool down, that should losen it.
 
Second... She had each item labeled with the page it was located on.
 
Third... She showcased each item as she talked.

Best tip... Doris said
 "If someone is going to spend $10 on an item I am going to give then 10 reasons to use it!" 

In everything I do in Stampin' Up I always value the ability to use items more than once.
I also appreciate knowing multiple ways I can use a product.  I am going to carry her tip with me in everything I show! 

Another perk about Tupperware that has worn off on me is gifts for the attendees.
Here is my loot! 

I am going to make her a thank you card...
Supplies Used: Basic Black Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, Tempting Turquoise Cardstock, Island Indigo Cardstock, Night Of Navy Cardstock, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Stazon, Lots of Thanks Stamp Set, Large Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Dimensional's, & Island Indigo Bakers Twine. 
 
For those of you that want to try the Old Fashioned:

ingredients

  • 1 scant teaspoon simple syrup
  • 2 dashes Angostura Bitters, plus more to taste
  • 1 half dollar–sized slice orange peel, including pith
  • 2 ounces good-quality rye or bourbon
  • 1 maraschino cherry

preparation

In old-fashioned glass, combine simple syrup and bitters. Fill glass halfway with ice, then stir about a dozen times. Add enough ice to fill glass. Squeeze orange peel over glass to extract oils, add peel to glass, and add whiskey. Stir just until drink is cold and alcoholic bite has softened, about a dozen times. Garnish with cherry, swizzle stick, and straw.

Hope you enjoy!
Cary
XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment