Friday, April 3, 2015

April Blog Hostess: Kathy Jo Schanner

Guest Blogger
 
Kathy Jo Schanner
AKA: Kjo

I met Kathy Jo a few years back through her mother... Jeanne.
She has the same beauty and grace as her mother,
she is generous, loving and loyal.
I adore her and her family.
What I love most about her:
Those grandbabies are the loves of her life,
her daughter too...
she is the best grandmother
I hope to be like her!
The lights that dance in her eyes as she talks about them tells all!
How long have you been a stamper?
My first stamp party was held at my house back in 1987.
The woman arrived with rubber images and chunks of wood cut into blocks.
We selected our image and glued them onto the blocks.
To emboss, we used an iron or clean frying pan…
Ah, the good old days.
I took a break from stamping when my daughter became a competitive dancer
 and my spare time was spent sewing dance costumes.
I went back to it more seriously in the 90’s?
 I used to have a Stamping’ Up set from ’91!
 (I think I am remembering correctly).
What inspires you?
Lot’s of things!
When I see colors, an image, something someone has made
 that I might tweek a little for my own taste…
When I look at a stamp, I try to choose one that I can make a multitude of cards from.
I feel I justify the price of my stamps by making and using the stamp in a variety of ways.
What product does this card include? 
I used SU cantaloupe, mossy meadow and whisper white paper.
 I used a SU stamp but cannot recall the name.
 I colored it with Bic Mark it pens and used SU rhinestones.
The green paper was cut with a die and embossed with a Darice folder.
I used SU dimensionless for the white paper to pop up.
Where did you get the idea for this card?
I saw the stamp, bought it with the idea that it would be my Easter card
 - loved the easy to color tulips.
 Then, my mom bought two packs of cantaloupe paper and gave me one.
Voila!
Color scheme decided and I found a green that I liked to compliment it.
What is your FAVORITE Stamping tool, set, color or occasion?
I love my Score Buddy
 (SU has one, too, but mine is a Score Buddy)
and I’m a big fan of Dimensional's.
  Colors that speak to me are autumn colors, greens
and I like neutral colors such as black, grey, browns.
Last but not least... who do you follow, turn to or get your inspiration and ideas from?
My Mom, and Pinterest.

Here is KJo's Card:

 Here is my CASE:
Supplies used for my CASE of KJO's Card are:
Blushing Bride Cardstock, All Abloom DSP Stack, Whisper White Cardstock,
Memento Black Ink, Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Pad, Blushing Bride Stampin' Pad, Blender Pens, Rhinestone Jewel's, Crazy About You Stamp Set, Butterfly Basics Stamp Set, Label Thinlets, Big Shot, and Dimensionals.
 
 
Kathy Jo and her family are spending this glorious Easter Holiday in Disneyland!
I send out a HUGE thank you to KJO for her hosting this month
wish you all
a very
Happy Easter!

Love,
Cary
XXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment